Blazing Griffin is on a quest to track down the near mythical beast known as the TECHNICAL ARTIST.
Formed in 2011, Blazing Griffin is an independent, BAFTA-award-winning developer, founded with a focus on video games. Since our inception we have also gone on to encompass film production and end-to-end post production. All three divisions work on the same projects from different angles, along with projects and clients unique to each. As Blazing Griffin continues to expand, our focus on cross-media storytelling and technology will only continue to grow.
It is said that this beast will have a creative and technical mind like no other; it will act as a near-magical conduit between the creative and technical teams to develop and preserve the visual direction of projects; and by pseudo-alchemy it will create solutions to bridge the gap between artists and programmers, thereby synthesising progressive development techniques.
The techno-artbeast will be nourished and enhanced by the award winning Blazing Griffin’s ability to bestow upon it the chance to work on a number of as yet unannounced cross platform, multi-genre games, with access to the very latest technology and a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
- Act as the bridge between Art and Code.
- Provide technical and troubleshooting support for Artists on all game art pipelines.
- Provide coaching to Coders, Artists and Junior Artists in these technical aspects.
- Research and develop off-the-shelf and in-house tools and technologies to enhance and aid the content creation process.
- Collaborate with Art, Design and Code to define clear goals for the toolset, pipeline and construction methodologies.
- Optimize each product/pipeline to help ensure performance criteria are met without compromising on the artistic vision.
- Identify and resolve content creation issues within the project.
- Create content for each product using the created tools/pipelines/technologies.
Skills & Qualifications
- At least one published video game credited as Technical Artist.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya, solving both day-to-day and R&D issues. Comfortable diagnosing problematic scene graphs.
- Must be familiar the majority of modern 3D software packages and Engines (Maya, 3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, z-Brush, Unity, Unreal, etc.).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to support both the Art and Design teams with rapid prototyping and previz to convey new concepts.
- Strong understanding of methods for optimizing art assets for game engines, as well as generally optimizing pipelines and processes.
- Well-versed in typical performance bottlenecks. Understanding of how to profile and can communicate technical solutions and optimization requirements to the Art team at large.
- A solid understanding of graphics-related programming languages e.g. HLSL/Cg and surfacing technologies such as PBR.
- A positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
The role will be based in our Glasgow studio with occasional travel to our Edinburgh office.
Send your CV/Resume through to our recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t quite right for the above but are keen to join the Blazing Griffin team, please still get in touch, as we will be growing our teams over the next 18 months.
Follow our journey @BlazingGriffin www.BlazingGriffin.comwww.facebook.com/BlazingGriffin/ https://twitter.com/BlazingGriffin